Sunday, September 3, 2023

UPDATING THE ADVANCEMENT OF MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY IN MY BODY - GIVING UP DRIVING.

The first years after I was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy, I was able to keep driving my automatic car. However, gradually, my legs were losing the strength to pick up my feet to press the pedals. For some time I recurred to some clever inventions such as quickly pulling up my right leg with my hands in order to use my right foot to operate both, the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal. Still, the fear of being responsible for causing an accident that would injure an innocent person, made me give up my driving privileges. 

After that noble decision, I depended on somebody else to take me where I needed to go. Little by little, that dependency added to others similar or worse, has eroded my self-esteem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATING THE ADVANCEMENT OF MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY IN MY BODY -END OF OUR GEORGIA HONEYMOON.

My husband and I began searching for our dream home right after selling our Miami house. We were looking to invest the profits from that sal...